Last night, Calin and I had a slumber party...well, I slept on his floor, which he, of course, did not realize. I am guessing there will be more exciting slumber parties in the future! The reason for this was Cal's decision that he no longer wanted to be swaddled. He seemed to regret his decision shortly after convincing us to remove his arms from his beloved "sausage-wrap", as his arms flung wildly around his face. But, eventually he was able to put himself to sleep, with some soothing and encouragment from Mama. Now, granted, those darn arms made it difficult for Calin to put himself back to sleep throughout the night (and at 1 am, Mama finally swaddled the left arm, which seemed to be the primary nuisance). But, by the wee hours of morning, Cal slept for two straight hours without a peep. You may be thinking that there are many and more obvious things that would make me exclaim, "my baby is so amazing!" But, we've been working diligently on helping Calin sleep. The fact that he hung in there throughout the night with very few tears, in my book, tops the list of his accomplishments of late. Calin is currently taking a "one-arm swaddled" nap...so I'm off to catch up on some sleep myself. -KAB
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment